Wednesday, March 21, 2012

12" Tall square basket


Square Basket with D handle
Dimensions:
Base: 8 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Height: 9 3/4" (with the handle it is 12")
The bottom is accented with 4 blue stripes over top of the white splints (I added these as I was weaving the bottom).
The sides have a 3 chain design.
Completion time: 4 hours
The design of this basket was inspired by a friend of mine who suggested I use blue and white for the basket colors. The challenge was based using those colors and then deciding on a design. I chose the chain because it was the easiest and quickest to make (hey, come on, I don't want to spend all day on 1 design and not complete the basket...that's to be saved for a more indepth design basket...anyways this was the 1st one I was making when building up my stock and I wanted one that would be quick). I used the rim as the last part of the third chain. I figure I might as well have the rim take on double duty.
This is a good and sturdy basket. It can be used when going to the market or gathering tall items from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment